Our Simple Cooking with Heart version of this American
family favorite is creamy and delicious but is lower in fat,
higher in fiber and much more heart healthy.
• 13¼ oz. whole-wheat, packaged spiral-shaped pasta like
fusilli (or ¾ ( 16 oz.) package)
• 1½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, all visible fat
discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces
• ¾ tsp. salt-free, dried Italian spice blend OR
• ¾ tsp. dried thyme
• 15¼ oz. canned, no-salt-added or low-sodium whole
kernel corn, drained, rinsed OR
• 16 oz. packaged, frozen corn, thawed
• 16 oz. packaged, frozen broccoli, thawed
• 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese
• 1 cup fat-free, plain yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Cook pasta according to
package instructions, omitting salt and oil or other fat.
2. In a large pan over high heat, add chicken and cook
until done, about 5 minutes. Lower the heat to low, and
add spice blend, corn, broccoli, cream cheese, and yogurt.
Mix until combined and cream cheese has melted.
3. Add pasta, stirring to combine. (Do this in a bowl if pasta
can’t fit into the large pan).
4. Transfer to a 13x9-inch baking dish. Cover with foil, and
cook in oven until fully warmed, about 15 minutes.
Cooking Tips: Double the recipe for Easy Oven Baked
Chicken Breasts and use the extra cooked chicken in this
recipe for ease.
Keep it Healthy: Frozen fruits and vegetables are quick-freezed at their ripest, making them just as healthy yet
cheaper option than fresh.
Tips: Set the cream cheese out at the beginning of the recipe
so it’s warm and mixes easily into the dish.
Nutritional Analysis Per serving
Calories Per Serving 486
Total Fat 4. 5 g
Saturated Fat 1.0 g
Trans Fat 0.0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 456 mg
Carbohydrates 68 g
Fiber 11 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 45 g
Price Per Serving $1.99
Recipe copyright © 2014 American Heart Association. This recipe is
brought to you by the American Heart Association’s Simple Cooking with
Heart® Program. For more simple, quick and affordable recipes, visit